At the Center for Occupational and Environmental Medicine, we are very pleased to offer a comprehensive Weight Loss Program that maximizes our patients’ success because it addresses all the major reasons for weight gain:
Our program is designed to not only successfully produce weight loss in our patients but to improve their health, energy, and fitness levels. This is accomplished by means of:
- In-depth medical/laboratory assessment prior to entering the program
- Counseling on appropriate diet, exercise, allergy, and other individualized factors
- Lipotropic (fat-burning) nutrients that decrease hunger
- Specific nutritional supplements
- NO amphetamines, diet pills, herbal stimulants, or unhealthy gimmicks of any kind
- When needed, allergy desensitization to decrease food cravings
As a medical practice, it is in our best interest, too, if you succeed. As your weight normalizes and the very real and severe medical risks caused by obesity are diminished, our ability to help you in other ways with your health is facilitated. Your success in this program makes our overall job as your chosen health care provider much easier. We consider ourselves partners with our patients in this program, and that is why we wish to give you the best tools and knowledge we have to make this program work for you.
You know the reasons why you, yourself, wish to lose weight and look and feel better. But did you know that the US government, medical and even insurance industries recognize the enormous risks and costs of obesity and are willing to do something about it?
In April 2002, the Internal Revenue Service recognized obesity as a disease, instead of a precursor to other diseases. You may now claim weight loss programs that are under a physician’s guidance (such as this one) as a medical expense when you file your taxes. The cost of diet foods is not included, but if your insurance company does not yet provide reimbursement for a weight loss program (many do now), then the cost can be itemized as a tax-deductible medical expense.
We look forward to helping you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
For a testimonial from a participant in the Healthy for Life Program, see A Patient’s Story: I Had Accepted the Fact…
- A Patient’s Story: I Had Accepted the Fact that…
- Let’s Break the Cycle in 2009! The Healthy for Life Weight Loss Program at COEM can help you do just that!
- Healthy for Life Weight Loss Program
- Weight Loss Program