Meet Dr. Allan D. Lieberman MD, F.A.A.E.M at COEM in Charleston, SC
Dr. Allan D. Lieberman, MD, F.A.A.E.M. is the founder of COEM and has over 63 years of experience. For more information, contact us today or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 7510 North Forest Drive North Charleston, SC 29420.
Dr. Allan D. Lieberman, MD, F.A.A.E.M. Founder/Retired
Table of Contents:
What is the background of The Center for Occupational and Environmental Medicine (COEM)?
What is the professional experience of Dr. Allan D. Lieberman, MD?
What is the area of expertise of Dr. Allan D. Lieberman, MD?
What other special interests does Dr. Allan D. Lieberman, MD have?
Is Dr. Allan Lieberman accepting new patients?
In 1978, Dr. Allan D. Lieberman, MD built The Center for Occupational and Environmental Medicine, the first facility in the Southeast designed to be an environmentally safe haven for chemically sensitive patients. (The name was later changed to the Center for Occupational and Environmental Medicine.) Dr. Allan D. Lieberman, MD intensive Program for Biodetoxification, developed to treat those who have been chronically or acutely poisoned by chemicals, draws patients from all over the nation.
Dr. Allan D. Lieberman, MD continues to teach not only his own patients (and their parents) but also lectures at the American Academy of Environmental Medicine annual meetings and at the International Conference of Man and His Environment, held annually in Dallas, TX. His Center for Occupational and Environmental Medicine has treated over 10,000 patients in the last 33 years.
• Chicago Board of Health (1961-1962)
• Physician – Field Work in Live Measles Virus Vaccine
• Joliet State Penitentiary (1962-1963)
• Field Worker and Researcher on Hepatitis Virus Vaccine under Joseph Boggs, MD
• United States Navy – US Navy Hospital, Charleston, SC (1964-1968). Staff Pediatrician (1964-1965); Chief of Pediatrics (1965-1966); Consultant in Pediatrics
• Vince Moseley Diagnostic and Evaluation Clinic, Charleston, SC (1966-1968); Clinic Director (1968-1972) Specializing in the Neurologically impaired
• The Coastal Rehabilitation Center, Ladson, SC (1968-1970) Director of Clinical Services and Research for the neurologically impaired.
• Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC (1968-1970) Guest Lecturer in Applied Neuroanatomy, Department of Anatomy.
• Private Practice of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine (1972-1978), Charleston, SC
• Private Practice of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (1977-Present); 7510 Northforest Drive, North Charleston, SC 29420
• Program Director and Lecturer – Instructional Course; American Academy of Environmental Medicine – Toxicology, Chemical Sensitivity (1999, 2003, 2004, 2005)
Thirty (30) years of experience in the practice of environmental medicine – occupational & non-occupational.
Clinical experience in chemical toxicity and chemical sensitivity including neurotoxicity, immunotoxicity, and genotoxicity. Special interest in pesticide poisoning and mold injury.
• Central Nervous System Disease: Neurotoxicology/Organophosphate Pesticide Toxicity
• Learning Disabilities
• Clinical Nutrition
• Clinical Applications of Immunology and Molecular Biology
• Clinical Toxicology and Immunotoxicology
• Preconception Care
Please contact us to learn more.