Medical Weight Loss Programs Specialist in Charleston, South Carolina
At the Center for Occupational and Environmental Medicine (COEM), we are very pleased to offer a comprehensive Weight Loss Program that maximizes our patients’ success and helps them achieve their desired goals. For more information, contact us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 7510 North Forest Drive North Charleston, SC 29420.
At the Center for Occupational and Environmental Medicine, we are very pleased to offer a comprehensive Weight Loss Program that maximizes our patients’ success because it addresses all the major reasons for weight gain:
1. Food allergy and food addiction
2. Decreased carbohydrate tolerance and poor blood sugar control (acquired or genetic)
3. Hormonal imbalance
4. Nutrient deficiencies that decrease metabolism and increase cravings
5. Lack of medical and professional support for an adequate length of time
6. Lack of knowledge about food choices (starving is NOT a desirable option)
7. Lack of knowledge about safe exercise for overweight individuals
8. Inability to maintain the desired level of functioning when dieting
Our program is designed to not only successfully produce weight loss in our patients but to improve their health, energy, and fitness levels. This is accomplished by means of:
1. In-depth medical/laboratory assessment prior to entering the program
2. Counseling on appropriate diet, exercise, allergy, and other individualized factors
3. Lipotropic (fat-burning) nutrients that decrease hunger
4. Specific nutritional supplements
5. NO amphetamines, diet pills, herbal stimulants, or unhealthy gimmicks of any kind
6. When needed, allergy desensitization to decrease food cravings
As a medical practice, it is in our best interest, too, if you succeed. As your weight normalizes and the very real and severe medical risks caused by obesity are diminished, our ability to help you in other ways with your health is facilitated. Your success in this program makes our overall job as your chosen healthcare provider much easier. We consider ourselves partners with our patients in this program, and that is why we wish to give you the best tools and knowledge we have to make this program work for you.
You know the reasons why you, yourself, wish to lose weight and look and feel better. But did you know that the US government, medical, and even insurance industries recognize the enormous risks and costs of obesity and are willing to do something about it?
In April 2002, the Internal Revenue Service recognized obesity as a disease, instead of a precursor to other diseases. You may now claim weight loss programs that are under a physician’s guidance (such as this one) as a medical expense when you file your taxes. The cost of diet foods is not included, but if your insurance company does not yet provide reimbursement for a weight loss program (many do now), then the cost can be itemized as a tax-deductible medical expense.
We look forward to helping you achieve your weight loss and health goals. We serve patients from Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, Summerville, North Charleston SC, Ladson SC, Hanahan SC, James Island SC, John’s Island SC, Daniel Island SC, all of South Carolina, Nationally, and Internationally. Patients routinely fly into Charleston to be evaluated by COEM and to enjoy this beautiful city which is a Condé Nast and Travel and Leisure Top Domestic and International Tourist Destination.
For a testimonial from a participant in the Healthy for Life Program, see A Patient’s Story: I Had Accepted the Fact…